My mother, who knows mushrooms, says it might what is called a jack-o-lantern mushroom. They are poisonous and she says that on a very dark moonless night they actually will glow in the dark.
Glow in the dark?! How cool is that?! You must investigate.
We saw these too, on our trip to the real Maine woods this weekend. Also some bright yellow ones that looked like tiny bunches of bananas growing upwards. I used to date a micologist (mushroom science geek) but I've forgotten everything he taught me, sorry.
Post a Comment