Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Long Time Ago...


I recceived my latest issue of Quilting Arts yesterday and was especially taken with Mary Hettmansperger's collaged fabric panels. I love the way she's used every kind of flotsam and jetsom and made it all work. The shapes are interesting and everything is blended. And it reminded me of this piece I did 35 years ago, when I had no idea what I was doing and it shows. Which is why it's been hanging in the basement all these years. I guess I liked it (or what it stood for) enough not to throw it away, and now seeing Mary's work , I can define what it is about mine that kept it hidden. Brown yarn?! What was I thinking. Everything just thrown on top willy nilly. But I loved the nubby fabric and the shells. Maybe I'll clean it up and hang it for inspiration, of what not to do!

No comments: