Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Project for a very Rainy day

It poured so hard yesterday that an old woodpecker tree became so waterlogged and heavy it just toppled over on my newly raked, almost green lawn. It rained so hard that when I went out to put the chickens to bed, I sank up to above my ankles in mud. So I spent yesterday indoors working on some little cards i intend to sell to some ladies I'm doing a trunk show for. My studio was it's usual cluttered creative mess...always right in from of my working space.

The cards are no bigger than 3" by 5", some even smaller than that. I have 12 different designs, but just a few are embellished at this point.

I apologize for the colors. The pictures were taken in less than ideal light, and some are not as focused as they could be. But you get the idea.
These are REALLY the prettiest purple beads in natural light. Now to figure how much to charge for them. Everyone has this dilemma, I know. I want to sell them, but I don't want to give them away either. To buy a birthday card, a regular birthday card is at least $3.99 these days, and sometimes almost $10 for some of the fancy singing and dancing ones. So, a unique, handmade, framable work of art should sell for somewhere over ten...

2 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

Just lovely. Good luck with the trunk show! Pricing is so hard. If you showed some of them framed, might that add some perceived value?

Shelina said...

Pricing is definitely hard. I know that I have seen fabric postcards for $30 - that seems like the standard price - but they were to benefit cancer and Alzheimer's charities.