Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Sea Glass

I'm always up for new and creative things to do with the thousands of pieces of sea glass I have collected over the years. Having access to the coast and having time to troll is a good thing. I don't know if I'll ever get around to making anything with them but it's fun to take pictures of things others have done. This is one part of a large mural on the outside of the Lubec Library. The library was closed when we were there, otherwise I would have gone in and asked a lot of questions about this piece. There were lots of other book titles mentioned, so I think the kids were able to choose their favorite books and scatter the names here and there.

I also really liked the combination of wire and glass in this fish. Bith of these works are very appropriate for the town, a small fishing village on the coast of Maine. Still fishing. Barely.

No comments: