Friday, December 09, 2011

STITCHED


My friend and fellow Frayed Edges member Deborah has created a video for one of Alma Stoller's STITCHED series of workshops. If you've never taken an online class, this would be the perfect series to start out with. I looked at the long list of offerings and, believe me, there's something for everyone. Of course I'm VERY biased, but I think Deborah's is the best. Here's a little information about the series:

STITCHED is a collection of 20 online video workshops by 20 talented fabric artists. Students have access to all 20 workshops and can choose to view and work on the projects any time of the day, any day of the week. Registration opens on Dec 1 and the workshops kick off on Jan 1 and run through June 1. Registration is only $89. Deborah is teaching a workshop titled, "Branches, Buds and Blossoms: A Botanical Fabric Collage." She includes videos on selecting fabrics, adding surface design, composing and improvisational hand embroidery.

Above is a sample of her work. I happen to love it. If you can, zoom in on the picture to see all the detail
s.

No comments: