Monday, January 23, 2006

This and that

I'm playing around with this post, seeing if I can do what I want to do with pictures. The picture below, (I think) is what I'm looking at today out of my studio window. Imagine, snow in January. Yesterday was bare ground. I'm so fortunate to be able to look out on this while I sew. It's beautiful no matter what time of year.


View from studio window.












Rocking chair for Charlotte

I had mentioned in my post yesterday I was going to paint a chair for my nearly one year old granddaughter. Once I started painting it all came together and I'm pretty happy with it. I had chosen a piece of fabric that I liked and that I knew my son and daughter-in -law would also like and started there. Purple is ALWAYS a safe bet, not only with me but with Laurel! I had found a sweet little chair at the unfinished furniture store in Portland, hardwood.


Fabric for cushion

close-up of painted area

I've tried to load the last picture of the backside that has her name on it, but I keep getting an error...the size is the same as the others so I don't know what the problem is. Oh well, some things just won't get published until I get better at this. Take it from me, it's very cute!

2 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

So supremely cute! I love it. It's lovely out my window today too. I'm happy to be inside. As you know, purple is a safe bet with me too!

Anonymous said...

The chair is beautiful...Charlotte is going to love it (Laurel too :)