Thursday, April 26, 2007

G Street Fabrics












Yes, for all my quilting friends who understand the quickening of the heartbeat as you get close to a fabric store, you'll certainly understand how I felt as I approached, for the first time, G Street Fabrics. I thought for sure I'd come out with bags and bags, but as it turned out I had two little pieces in hand. I think I'm liking and using my hand painted/ hand dyed fabrics these days, so commercial fabrics are taking a back seat. For now. Anyway, it was nice to finally get to see firsthand this huge landmark outside of Washington.

And since we had a whole day to play before our flight left at 9:30pm, we spent a big part of the day at the National Arboretum. The sun was shining and the azaleas were in bloom, and there was REAL GREEN GRASS that needed to be cut! Lovely place.

Azaleas.

Lilacs.

Dogwood. Oh my.

4 comments:

Joyce said...

I don't know how you ever came out of there with only a little fabric! Tho gardens look fantastic.

Anonymous said...

I love G Street Fabrics but find it all very overwhelming! Like you, I usually leave with very little unless I am seeking something specific. There's so much that selecting something to buy becomes a chore!

Denise Aumick said...

Ummmm....I think I have most all of those fabrics on the tables...I commend your restraint & think you should give classes on "how to look & touch but not purchase"!

Sarah Ann Smith said...

OH I MISS G STREET FABRICS!!!! and yes, I'm shouting!

Isn't DC in spring wonderful???

I had thought the wedding was last weekend... you are still there? Check in with me when you get home!

Hugs, Sarah