Friday, September 21, 2007


On the previous post I have a picture of the border strip with all kinds of funny trees here and there. I decided-(brainstorm)- to do the machine quilting before I added all those trees. This is a new concept for me, but probably not for all youn professionals out there. I always thought the whole top had to be completely together before you could begin to do the quilting. OF course, I also know there are really NO RULES. Doing it this way will save me so much aggravation in not having to work around so many things in my path. Plus, it has the added benefit of actually feeling like I'm accomplishing something BIG!

Tomorrow: the underwater bubbles at "Champagne" in Dominica. It's like going to all these places without leaving the comfort of home!

1 comment:

Shelina said...

Kathy, that is a very smart idea. I did a wall hanging once that had cross hatching - following a pattern. I complained about all the stops and starts, thinking it would have been better to do the applique last, but I was told that the rule was the applique goes on first. I was going to try it with the crosshatching first and then applique, but just never got around to it. I'm sure the look is different, but I wouldn't think it would be worse.