Monday, March 31, 2008

HOME

I love going on vacation, especially somewhere warm and green where I can leave the cold and snow far, far behind. I look forward to it for weeks and this year had my suitcase packed well before departure time. Then you come home. In a blizzard. But I am sustained with enough warm, green thoughts to get me through all of April and into May when hopefully I can start gardening, or playing in the dirt at least.

I've also come back with creative energies recharged and lots of ideas for art quilts. Whether they get from head to fabric is another story, but I'm OPEN and ready to rock and roll. We did a lot of art galleries in Key West where the employees are trained to get you into the 'black room' with whatever painting you happen to be studying. We learned quickly not to linger too long in front of any of them, though some did beg for a closer look. And I was able to make some quick sketches from memory of those I found most inspiring. Then proceeded to lose my journal. C'est la vie!

No comments: