Sunday, June 15, 2008

You'd think since I'm retired now I'd have lots of time to post all the new and interesting things I'm doing/learning. The truth is I'm learning to move, think and 'do' more slowly, not on screech anymore. There's no need to rush through everything. And it feels good. I have been doing some quilt related things which I'll post about tomorrow, but for now let me just say, LIFE IS GOOD!! The Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens fair in June with my best friend Gretchen who is equally as gray/white as I am:

Drinks by the shore in Camden Harbor. I could do this every evening and will when we move closer next year. Maybe. Drink, that is.
And yesterday, a books signing for the book we (Frayed Edges) have several projects in. It's a lovely book, full of wonderful ideas and photographs on new things to try. This is Sarah behind the table laden with many autographed books. Sarah is smiling extra big because that's her pomegranate piece featured on the cover! It was also an added bonus to hang around in a quilt shop for several hours surrounded by all that inspiration. It reminded me of my own beginning, in a small but fabulous quilt store called Quilt Array in Hallowell, Me. I was a mother with small children and I wanted to do something like get a job, but Deana, who owned the shop, couldn't afford to pay me so I volunteered and to reciprocate she passed on commissions and teaching gigs to me. Hours to be creative. Surrounded by fabric which at the time was $3.99 a yard.

So, it's all good. The summer, the garden, the projects. Trips, though we aren't wandering far from home. Gas you know. But we are taking a trip downeast this week to Machias Seal Island to see puffins up close. I'll take pictures.

No comments: