Sunday, August 31, 2008

Poppy Play


I'm trying really hard to practice 'playing'. The goal is not to have a finished product in the end. Just use the materials on hand and play with them. And I guess when you do you're sometimes pleasantly surprised by the outcome. That's what they say, and I guess the more I look at this the more I like it. Anyone familiar with Linda and Laura Kemshalls books will recognize the poppies, though I have poppies in my own garden, (and this year made poppy head dolls) and I designed and cut this stencil, and used a scrap of my own hand painted fabric, so it really is mine. Paintsticks, too. Maybe I'll do more and see where I end up.

Deborah's coming all the way from Texas next weekend for a big Frayed Edges weekend! We'll be taking a workshop with Natash Kempers Cullen on Monday, so big things in store!

2 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

This is fantastic. I love it.

Julie Bagamary said...

This piece is very peaceful and serene. I like it.