Tuesday, March 02, 2010

A Conversation in the backseat

Me to my 5 year old granddaughter:

"So, Charlotte, do you know what we're doing now?"
"No."
"We're on our way to the cemetery to bury Papa." ( my father) Do you know what a cemetery is?"
Silence.
"A cemetery is where you bury people who have died."
"Yeah, like we buried our cat, Rosie?"
"That's right. You can bury people or cats or dogs, or fish....."
Pause.
"Actually, Nana, fish get flushed down the toilet."
Oh, sorry Charlotte. I forgot.

p.s. for all that have read my previous post, my sister and I finished our socks and they are keeping our father's feet very warm for all eternity.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm, sorry you have sorrow in your life right now. What a wonderful image of your father with his socks from his daughters.

Marken