Tuesday, August 10, 2010

New Framing...


Well, new for me anyway. I've been mounting small pieces (this one is 12x12) on gallery wrapped canvas. I use my 40% off coupon from any of the craft stores, or wait for it to go on sale, which is often it seems. The sides are painted some color that will coordinate. In this case the paint is an off white that matches the binding even though my photography shows something completely different. I think it gives the piece some much needed 'bulk' and it is less likely to get lost on the wall. I think it looks more professional too.

On another note, I've finished this piece. New birds. Actually, I THOUGHT it was finished until I took this picture and realized one leaf has only one sequin. I never noticed it. Maybe we can pretend it's just budding?



4 comments:

HollyM said...

I love the birds. Your designs are always lovely. I don't mind the missing buttons either. I'm curious as to how you mounted you quilt to the canvas.

Joanne S said...

Yes, please, how did you mount the work to the canvas?

Some use glue, others stitch.

Stacy Hurt said...

This is wonderfully adorable! It totally makes me wanna go home & make something with buttons!

Stacy Hurt said...

p.s. i have the koi fish too. i've just completely overfed yours, they should be fine for a day... :)