Saturday, November 20, 2010

Midday Visitor

It's such a treat when this happens: sitting on the couch, minding your own business, when a movement catches your attention and you look up to find a beautiful owl sitting on a branch looking at you. We're surrounded by woods, but this has never happened in all the 32 years we've been here. According to some cultures, he is a harbinger of bad juju (well, death) but I am thinking only good fortune with this one. His head swiveled like crazy and when I moved in the doorway to take this picture he looked directly at me.

7 comments:

Joanne S said...

Oh Kathy I think he was there to be the second of your fabric collage birds. The colors are perfect and you just have to make him in fabric. Gives me chills. I love when the Universe sends a message like this.

Deborah Boschert said...

That's exactly what I was thinking! You MUST make a fabric collage. This picture is excellent. I have never seen an owl in the wild, so very very exciting!

HollyM said...

That is just an amazing picture. we have tent trailered at my son's and heard the hoot of an owl at night but have never seen it.

Stacy Hurt said...

Oh isn't he just the GORGEOUS??? You must have been breathless! Great capture! Lucky girl!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

How wonderful! And so rare to see one! He is stunning in his beauty, and how fortunate you were able to take his picture! Thanks for sharing such a priceless image!

Laurel said...

Wow-- he's awesome! I showed this to Carey and he's psyched. He'll expect to see this guy when he comes up again! xo

Julie Bagamary said...

How amazing- wow - beautiful!!