Thursday, January 13, 2011


Everyone is looking for something new to get them through the coming year. A word or a phrase, something to guide their movements or actions. Sarah has chosen a word for the year: breathe. And if you've read her blog over the last few months she's had a lot of stress thrown her way and is probably looking forward to a little clean air and deep breaths. I came across this blog, new to me but now on my list, and was inspired enough to adopt her thoughts for the coming year, I mean who wouldn't be after reading the title of the post: "Growing younger in 2011." Carolina says there are 3 keys to the process, Expansion, Contraction, and Completion. Without knowing it, I've been working on the first two (sort of) and will try harder on the third. Expand your mind, contract your body and finish your projects. But read it for yourself and see what you think.
And the tulips? A glimpse of color in the black and white of a snowstorm.

1 comment:

The Muse of The Day said...

Kathy, I am very honored to be mentioned in your blog. I must admit that I have been having difficulty with the "Contraction" part of my growing younger plan. I had to scroll through many, many of your posts (and drop dead gorgeous work) to find a recognizable person. I am figuring that you know me from the time I spent in China, Maine. My brain just can't squeeze out the where or how of it. Somehow or another you must have found me through someone there. Nate (in the picture with the stone wall) is one of my favorite kids from the time I spent at Erskine. I can't believe he is 28 years old. The wall looks great. It must have taken a long time.
I will leave you here in hopes of visiting again and seeing more of your beautiful work. Say hello to Maine, it holds many dear memories for me. Carolina