Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New pillows


After 2 years and 2 months our house is finally under contract. (Loud cheering and jumping up and down here). And since then, our agent happened to mention she's had several more calls from interested parties. Go figure...where were they 2 years ago? Probably hiding under a rock waiting to see if they were going to have any money to spend in the future...

We are planning on building a new house, so of course this new development has set in motion lots of things for the last minute. Like find a place to live for the next 6 to 9 months. Packing 40 years of accumulated living. What goes into storage and what comes to temporary digs. Of course, I've tried to think what might I REALLY need from my studio, and ended up deciding I couldn't live without most of it. Thank goodness the house we found to rent has 4 bedrooms and a huge finished loft area. So, in the meantime, I really am cleaning out things and making trips to the dump (sorry, landfill)(sorry, transfer station). Like the other day when I took a whole car full of stuff, and as I was leaving I passed our 'recycle area' and my eye caught at least a dozen fabric swatch books someone had left. For about one second my mind said NO but only for a second. There were satins in lovely shades, silks, sheers, you name it. Of course I had to take them home. I did have this little talk with myself though as I left. It went something like this: "Okay, you're going to take these books apart and take ONLY WHAT YOU REALLY THINK YOU'LL USE. Then you're going to take the torn apart books back to the dump. THEN, you're going to sit down and actually MAKE something with some of these, right away, before you forget why you took them in the first place." And I did.

It was a good distraction from decision making.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

LOL! I would have done the same thing! I found some old wallpaper sample books last fall. I tend not to do paper arts, but my sister does. I'll take them to T next time I see here. Of course, I had to look through the books. Two had great designs for stamps or screens. Did I take photos? make the screens right away? no, the books are in the studio waiting. I did get the other books to my sis, though. Have a beautiful day and congrats on the house sale.

HollyM said...

Who could pass that up! And I love the colors and textures of the pillow.