Sunday, March 05, 2006

My Virtual Tour

I love Deb R's and Joannes idea a few days back of the tour of their artwork around their homes and since I don't have a lot of fabric artwork, AT THE MOMENT, I do have a lot of past projects to show and tell.

When you walk through our front door, and if you look up, you'll be greeted by our crookedy tailed little animal shelter beagle, Biggie. She's no longer with us, but her spirit lives on in technicolor! I felt such sadness every time I thought of her, but by the time I was done making this, the sadness was gone.



In the dining room there are three special pieces on the very limited wall space:

First is my friend and fellow Frayed Edger Kate's christmas gift, a poster from her business Kitchen Table Cards:



This is a beautifully done website and if you ever need an adpotion card or celebratory card just head over here.

On another wall is a collage my friend Claire made. It is framed in a heavy plaster? soapstone? frame.



And the last wall has a hanging I did several years ago after a kayaking trip down the West Branch of the Penobscot in Maine. It was a wild windy trip full of woods, fly fishing, moose and rocks!



This one is for you Deborah:



On to the 'new' room which is going on 5 years old, added on AFTER the kids left home. But have you ever noticed that when they do come back, they've multiplied?

Two favorite things in here. First is this from Deborah...love it!



And then this from a wonderful woman artist named Sarah Minor who paints these incredible canvas floor cloths. I tried it on the floor for about ten minutes and decided it really needed to be on the wall.



Those are huge cushions on the back of the couch so you can get a feel for the size of it.

So now I'm off to my sewing room to see if I can create some new stuff..well, maybe I'll have lunch first, or take that 3 mile walk I pledged to do every day, or do the laundry...this is how it goes for all of us I'm sure!

3 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

wow... I just love that Maine wall hanging. How come I never saw it in person? Of course... the rocks, I love them! Thanks for the tour. I wish I could just come over for a visit.

Joanne S said...

Wonderful house tour. It's always nice to see what we choose to put on the walls. That floorcloth over those big pillows--I want to sit right down.

I have pictures of my dog Rusty and cat Buzzer that make me get all teary eyed. I loved those two so much. They probably deserve a quilt like Biggie's.

Sarah Ann Smith said...

I love them all all all! Especially Biggie! And your trees in the Maine wallhanging...gee...where have I seen THose recently, except in pink and with seeds? Teehee! Cheers, Sarah