Tuesday, April 08, 2008


I spent most of my day yesterday beading. I have a green 'bead soup' that I'm using to create a curving path through the trees on my current project. While I was working on it I had my computer beside me and I was watching the Quilting Arts TV series. Anyone see it on TV? I very rarely watch tv so I don't even know if we get it on our local PBS channel. But it's very interesting seeing Pokey over and over; checking out her outfits, watching her relax into her role as she puts more shows behind her, say 'go ahead' again (we all have our own speech patterns, don't we). I'm finding the segments within the show are too rushed, except for the ones I'm not interested in of course. I'm hot to try some felted bowls after one episode, and some of the digital transfers methods are interesting. Mostly, though, it's a really good way to make a boring job bearable. And completed.

And the other part of my day was spent cleaning away the fall/winter leftovers from my gardens. As the snow recedes from one area, I clean it up and wait for another one to appear! It's not so overwhelming that way and I feel like I'm finally doing something positive to get ready for the gardening season. We still have a lot of snow in our backyard, but with temps in the 50's today we should lose a lot of it. And the lake, well, that will be a while yet before ice out. But as they say, "we've broken the back of old man winter!!!" Hooray for spring!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy, thanks for the feedback. I, too, noticed I said "go ahead" when I watched the DVD. Oye... something I know to work on next time!

Warm wishes,

Pokey Bolton

Leah said...

i love the colorful fabrics on your current project and the beading is awesome. Those bowls you did make me want to curl up with a soft blanket and some hot chocolate! (even though it's 90 degrees outside!)